Agriculture Workers Hiring in PortugalThank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Job Title: Agriculture Worker Hiring
Working Area: Farming Area
Salary: € 1800
Nature of Work:
Under the general supervision and direction of the Farm Manager, this position performs routine manual labor associated with farm work at a state-owned facility using currently accepted agricultural practices and application of new technologies. Work involves the production and care of field crops and livestock.
Examples of Work:
- Grind and mix feed mixtures for livestock as instructed.
- Salt, feed, water and bed livestock by hand or use of mechanical feeding equipment.
- Clean barns, livestock quarters and other buildings.
- Separate calves from cows and tag calves.
- Operate equipment such as a tractor, end loader and corn grinder in performing tasks such as hauling hay and manure, plowing and grinding feed.
- Operate truck with gooseneck trailer for purpose of livestock hauling.
- Plant and harvest crops by hand and/or by using machines such a corn planter, bailer, dump truck and silage blower.
- Load and unload trucks of produce, seed, fertilizer, feed, etc.
- Apply sprays for weeds and insect control.
- Repair fences, buildings and equipment as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Standing, sitting, driving, walking, lifting up to 100 lbs., operating and working in proximity of farm machinery, exposure to herbicides and pesticides, outside work and exposure to inclement weather.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge in the care of livestock.
- General knowledge in land cultivation and fertilization practices.
- General knowledge of livestock sanitation, pest control and building techniques.
- General knowledge of farm machinery and the maintenance techniques used to care for the equipment.
- General knowledge of rules, regulations, policies and objectives of the West Virginia Department of Agriculture.
- Ability to operate farm machinery, equipment and trucks with trailers.
- Ability to repair fences, buildings and farm equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to perform moderate to heavy manual labor.
- Education: No Need [Basic knowledge about Aquiculture]
- Experience: No Need
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com