Laundry Workers Hiring in Canada
Title: Laundry Workers Hiring
Working Hour: Full Time or Part Time
The Laundry Worker is responsible for collecting, sorting and laundering soiled linen. Folds, sorts and distributes clean linen. Mends linen as necessary. Has working knowledge of washers, dryers, sewing machine and associated chemicals.
Education: No Need [Basic English to Communicate]
- Stand and/or walk constantly.
- Sit occasionally.
- Lift 40 pounds six inches off floor to shoulder to six inches off floor constantly.
- Carry 20-25 pounds frequently.
- Push and/or pull 50 pounds frequently.
- Climb a ladder two-three runs occasionally.
- Bend, stoop and kneel frequently.
- Reach floor to overhead frequently.
- Ability to hear and distinguish colors within normal limits.
- Loads and unloads washers and dryers. Cleans lint traps.
- Records water temperature in washing machines and weights of soiled linen.
- Completes assigned sewing, cares for sewing machine, marks and stamps new linens.
- Folds laundry according to departmental policy and procedure.
- Properly loads carts with clean linen and deliver it to designated departments. Maintains an adequate supply of linen for daily use to all departments.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment daily, including linen carts and tables. Maintains a clean safe working environment.
- Demonstrates punctuality in arrival and departure, and compliance with break and meal times.
- Records telephone messages accurately and relay messages to appropriate person promptly.
- Delivers linens to offsite locations as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com